In the cloth factory, the carefully restored machines can be admired, which are still in action during guided tours (upon request).
One of the goals of the Öewersauer Nature Park is to preserve the old craft traditions of the region. A weavers’ guild already existed in Esch-Sauer in the 16th century. The origin of the cloth factory goes hand in hand with the invention of the first wool machines. In 1807 Martin Schoetter-Greisch built a fulling machine and 10 years later he installed the first spinning machine. In 1866 the company was enlarged to enable all the necessary work processes for cloth production.
With the resumption of the manufacture of wool products, the former Esch-Sauer cloth factory was returned to its original purpose after its permanent closure in 1975. An exceptionally valuable cultural and handicraft heritage was not only preserved, but also modernized.
Today, exclusive woolen fabrics are again being produced on the museum’s machines and offered in the shop.